It was coined by a fan of the relationship between Bo and Lauren during the first season of Lost Girl and soon became widely used by fans of the two lovers. The website Doccubus.com was created in 2011 as an unofficial, non-profit fan site by two fans of the couple.
"Doccubus" became the word commonly used by entertainment media and bloggers when referring to the "Bo and Lauren" coupling and its fans.
In 2018, Anna Silk stated in an interview for The TV Junkies: "Bo and Lauren were meant to be together, period."
(See Team Lauren main article for additional information about Bo and Lauren, including the editing of their scenes in episodes aired by Syfy in the United States.)
Freedom to Love Necklace
Designed by Prodigy Pictures, the pendant of the sterling silver "Freedom To Love Necklace" was based on the Labrys, a double-headed axe symbol originally associated with the goddess worship of the Minoan civilization and adopted in the 1970s by the lesbian-feminist movement as a symbol representing feminist/warrior, and by the women's spirituality movement.
The first 250 orders were accompanied with an autographed photo from Anna Silk and Zoie Palmer and all revenue from sales of the necklace was donated to the non-profit "Because I Am a Girl"  campaign by Plan Canada.
The total donation was just over $25,000.
On August 16, 2014, ClubDoccubus was created on Tumblr by fans of Bo and Lauren for the purpose of holding a fundraiser for charity from the online auction of fan-made Lost Girl videos, art work, and fan fiction. The charity selected to receive all proceeds was "Stand For The Silent", an anti-bullying campaign supported by Ksenia Solo. The auction began on September 15th and closed on the 19th. The fundraiser — dedicated to "It's Time", the Doccubus dialog from Caged Fae — generated a donation of $2,365.34 CAD / $2,150.02 USD for the non-profit organization. In December 2015, ClubDoccubus raised $6,416.30 CAD for the "Because I am Girl" campaign by Plan Canada supported by Anna Silk. The fundraiser was dedicated to "Nobody Owns You" — the Doccubus dialog from Vexed.
- "Bo and Lauren" was named one of its all-time "Favorite TV couples" by CNN, and declared "Top TV Couple of 2013" by E! Online.
- In October 2016, Anna Silk and Zoie Palmer appeared together at New York Comic Con in a panel titled "Lost Girl: The Doccubus Panel with Anna Silk & Zoie Palmer"; with the description: "The Lost Girl herself, Anna Silk and the human who stole her heart, Zoie Palmer are here to talk about the end of the cult favorite series and what's in store for their futures...."
[ if a web page is no longer accessible try a search of the URL on Wayback Machine for a possible archive ]
Lost Girl's Zoie Palmer talks Doccubus and final episodes
September 3, 2015. The TV Junkies
Exclusive: An interview with Anna Silk about the end of "Lost Girl," Doccubus and more
April 14, 2015. AfterEllen
The AfterEllen.com's 2015 March Madness Winner Is...
April 10, 2015. AfterEllen
- Best TV Couple: Bo and Lauren (Doccubus)
2014 AfterEllen Visibility Awards
January 5, 2015. AfterEllen
- Hottest Hook Up in Film/TV – Editors' Pick: Bo and Lauren, Lost Girl
Bo & Lauren Lost Girl: Genre TV Canon Same Sex Ship 2014 Tournament Champions
September 22, 2014. GenreTVforAll
The ABCs of Doccubus, TV's Steamy Succubus Romance
March 25, 2014. Zimbio
Best Of TV Awards 2013
January 26, 2014. Canadagraphs
- Best Couple: Dr. Lauren Lewis & Bo "Lost Girl"
The 2013 AfterEllen Visibility Awards Winners
January 3, 2014. AfterEllen
- Favorite Fictional Lesbian Couple: Bo and Lauren, Lost Girl
- Hottest Hookup in Film/TV: Lauren and Bo, Lost Girl
The top 10 lesbian sex scenes on TV in 2013
December 13, 2013. AfterEllen
- Number 1: Bo and Lauren, Lost Girl
Our Fantasy Girls | Lost Girl stars Anna Silk and Zoie Palmer weave a Sapphic spell
December 12, 2013. Curve Magazine
- Print edition cover title: Fantasy Girls | Inside TV's Sexiest Queerest Series Lost Girl
- Print edition publication date: April 2013
- Print cover URL: http://www.curvemag-digital.com/curvemagazine/201304/?lm=1363073914000&coverPage=1&articleId=267967#pg1
Our Favorite Love Birds on TV
September 30, 2013. SheKnows
- Number 7: Bo and Lauren
- Wildly popular in Canada, Lost Girl has gained a cult following in the U.S. as well. Bo's (Anna Silk) relationship with Lauren (Zoie Palmer) has also gained a lot of attention. We're happy the writers decided to put these two together — making many fans of the show happy as well.
2013 Golden Remote Awards – Best Couple
July 8, 2013. E! Online (E! Entertainment Television)
- Bo and Lauren, Lost Girl
From 'New Girl' to 'I Love Lucy:' our favorite TV couples
February 14, 2013. CNN (Cable News Network)
- Number 9: Lost Girl
- This Canadian cult series about a succubus has gained a following in the United States as well, and Bo's (Anna Silk) relationship with Lauren (Zoie Palmer, as one of Bo's two lovers on the show) has been the subject of much discussion by "Lost Girl" fans online.
2013 TV's Top Couples: Thousands Voted! And the Winner Is...
February 14, 2013. E! Online (E! Entertainment Television)
- Bo and Lauren
EXCLUSIVE: Anna Silk talks "Lost Girl," Doccubus, and prison jump suits
February 12, 2013. AfterEllen
2012 Visibility Awards
January 3, 2013. AfterEllen
- Favorite Fictional Lesbian Couple: Bo and Lauren (Lost Girl)
- Hottest Hookup in Film/TV: Bo and Lauren (Lost Girl)
After "Lost Girl" fans complain, Syfy explains Doccubus scene cuts
May 4, 2012. AfterEllen
Best Of TV Awards 2011
February 3, 2012. Canadagraphs
- Best Couple: Bo and Dr. Lauren Lewis - Lost Girl
"Lost Girl" showcases the Lauren and Bo relationship for Season 2
August 26, 2011. AfterEllen
- ↑ "What is Doccubus?" - Doccubus.com. December 21, 2012. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Lost Girl's Anna Silk is Eager to Reunite with Cast Mates and Meet Fans at ClexaCon 2018" - The TV Junkies. March 12, 2018. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Freedom to Love Necklaces are now available for pre-order" - LostGirlSeries. Facebook. April 11, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "The necklace...is based on the labrys charm." - Emily Andras. Twitter. February 20, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Symbols of the Minoan Goddess Religion" - Labyrinthos Potnia. 2012. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Mary Daly" - Wikiquote. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "LABRYS Tool of Lesbian Feminism" - Finding Lesbians. August 9, 2013. Retrieved on .
- ↑ Because I am a Girl
- ↑ "This Giving Tuesday, we are so proud to announce that we have donated the proceeds of the Freedom to Love necklace to Because I am a Girl Canada." - LostGirlSeries. Facebook. December 2, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "CLOSED! THE AUCTION IS NOW CLOSED!" - ClubDoccubus (Twitter). September 19, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "FINAL UPDATE: Still blown away by how generous Doccubus fans are!" - ClubDoccubus (Twitter). September 23, 2014. Retrieved on .
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 "Donations" - ClubDoccubus. (archive). Retrieved on .
- ↑ "From 'New Girl' to 'I Love Lucy:' our favorite TV couples" - Cable News Network. February 14, 2013. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "2013 TV's Top Couples: Thousands Voted! And the Winner Is…" - E! Entertainment Television. February 14, 2013. Retrieved on .
- ↑ "Lost Girl: The Doccubus Panel with Anna Silk & Zoie Palmer" - New York Comic Con. October 2016. Retrieved on .