Hel is a realm where the dead dwell and the Lord of Darkness is confined to.
Souls are assigned to different realms of the underworld.
- ROSETTE: The prophecy has been written. "She will rise, with The Wanderer as her soldier, and together they will release the Lord of Darkness." The Dark Lord rises from Hel. – to Bo and Rainer (after handfasting) (Origin)
- BO: I was born in Hel. I found out when I was in Tartarus. My dad is Hades. – to Tamsin (It's Your Lucky Fae)
In Norse mythology:
- Hel, the location, shares a name with Hel, the female being associated with the location. In late Icelandic sources, varying descriptions of Hel are given and various figures are described as being buried with items that will facilitate their journey to Hel after their death.
- The being known as Hel (also called "Hela") is the Norse goddess of death. She was sent by Odin  to Niflheim to preside over the spirits of the dead, except for those who were killed in battle and went to Valhalla. It was her job to determine the fate of the souls who entered her realm. She was the daughter of Loki and Angrbooa.
- Niflheim (Old Norse Niflheimr) is the cold, dark, misty world of the dead, ruled by the goddess Hel. In some accounts it was the last of nine worlds, a place into which evil men passed after reaching the region of death (Hel).
- 4.07 La Fae Époque (mentioned in relation to Helskór)
- 4.08 Groundhog Fae (mentioned only)
- 4.09 Destiny’s Child (mentioned only)
- 4.12 Origin (portal opens)
- 4.13 Dark Horse (mentioned + portal seen)
- 5.01 Like Hell Pt.1 (mentioned only)
- 5.02 Like Hell Pt.2 (mentioned only)
- 5.05 It's Your Lucky Fae (mentioned only)