The Main Cast ( a.k.a. Core Actors ) is distinguished by Prodigy Pictures Inc., the creative team and production company for Lost Girl, with the billing of actor names at the beginning of episodes. They play the Main Characters of the series.
The top four Main Cast names appear in the opening title sequence before the name of the series creator, Michelle Lovretta, and Lost Girl show title ( even when one of them does not appear in an episode ):
- Anna Silk (Original Pilot, S1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Kris Holden-Ried (Original Pilot, S1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Ksenia Solo (Original Pilot, S1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Zoie Palmer (Original Pilot, S1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- The other Main Cast names appear after the Lost Girl show title in the opening credits superimposed over footage of the first scene:
( This opening title sequence order was introduced after Season 1. )
- Rick Howland and K.C. Collins appear in the credits when they appear in an episode and are always listed before the Supporting Cast who play recurring characters, and the special Guest Actors in an episode.
- ( The names of ongoing supporting cast actors are only included in the opening credits when they appear in an episode. )
The series premiere episode, It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World, did not include an opening title sequence. The Showcase opening title sequence was initiated with the second episode of the series, Where There's a Will, There's a Fae.
• Ksenia Solo
• K.C. Collins
The Main Cast perform the roles of the Main Characters
Besides the Hero and Protagonist of the story, the Main Characters are the characters that support the story of the hero from the conception of the series and which appear in every season ( generally, but not always, in every episode ). They have separate functions in the story arc, but without them the series would not be the same.
Showcase opening title sequence vs. Syfy (U.S.) opening credits
Episodes seen on Syfy in the United States are cut down from their original 44:00 minutes to allow more time for commercial advertisements. When asked about differences between the series shown in the United States versus Canada, executive producer Jay Firestone responded that :90 seconds are cut from the original Showcase episodes for use on Syfy (U.S.).
Beginning with Season 3, the original Showcase opening title sequence accompanied by Anna Silk's voice-over monologue and Lost Girl Theme Song was replaced with opening credits superimposed over footage of the first scene on episodes for Syfy (U.S.) — thus sparing 30 seconds that would have otherwise been included in the overall cutting of episodes for the United States.
In Season 5, the final season, the original Showcase opening title sequence with voice-over monologue by Anna Silk and Lost Girl Theme Song was not used and episode opening credits were superimposed over the first scene. Order of credits:
- Anna Silk
- Kris Holden-Ried
- Zoie Palmer
- Created by Michelle Lovretta
- Lost Girl show title
followed by Rick Howland, supporting cast ( Rachel Skarsten, Paul Amos, Emmanuelle Vaugier – when they appeared in an episode ), guest actors.
Ksenia Solo was credited when she appeared in an episode of Season 5.
- A series regular will still appear in the opening credits, and be given credit for the episode, even if they don't actually appear in the episode. The general idea here is that a series regular, even if they aren't in a particular episode, is contractually required to be available to appear in that episode. A recurring guest actor ( i.e. Recurring Cast ), on the other hand, is typically contracted to appear in only a specific number of episodes, and can usually skip a particular episode if they have prior commitments. A recurring guest star, with lower billing, may actually get more screen time than a series regular that gets top billing.
- Actor contracts and billing in North American television shows must comply with SAG-AFTRA.
- ↑ "Lost Girl Season 3 Scoop: Going Dark (Fae)" - TV Fanatic. July 25, 2012. Retrieved on .
- ↑ http://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/1468/what-rules-govern-how-tv-show-opening-credits-are-structured
- [ Return to Main Cast category page ]