Non-local, traveling Fae must declare themselves there and register their allegiance and reason for being in the territory.
Humans are not allowed in a way station unless they are owned by Fae.
- DYSON: "Bo, this is Trick. He's one of our elders and the keeper of this way station." – (Where There's a Will, There's a Fae)
- THE BLACKTHORN: "May you be the Keeper of this way station?"
TRICK: "That I am." – (I Fought the Fae (and the Fae Won))
- DYSON: "We're here on behalf of the owner of the local way station. I'm sure it was just an oversight, but you and your party failed to sign in when you came to town." – to The Lich (Death Didn't Become Him)
- THE GLAIVE: "How is it that a simple man who runs a way station could possibly mentor someone such as yourself?" – to Bo (Truth and Consequences)
- TRICK: "I'm very proud to be the keeper of a way station." – to Lachlan, The Ash (Truth and Consequences)
- TRICK: "As proprietor of this way station I have the right to declare sanctuary." – to Tamsin (The Kenzi Scale)
The owner of a Way Station appears to enjoy many of the same privileges as that of the head of a monastery, abbey, or convent, as they have the power to grant asylum.